Not much of a letter today, but here are a couple highlights of the past week:
- Went to the show cave on p-day last week and it was amazing (pictures are posted)
- Had interviews with President and Sister Johnson. Interviews were great and they brought us packs of mini cereal from Costco for a surprise treat! I LOVE them both!
- On the same day as our interviews, we had a mission-wide phone call. The Johnsons had come to our area for interviews at the church and then to host the mission call. A few minutes before the meeting was to begin the internet went down at the church. By this point, we were home again so they called and asked how far away we were (8 minutes) and could they come to our apartment to conduct the meeting. So, yes, we hosted our mission president and his wife—good job we have a clean apartment for that unexpected surprise.
- I love it here so much and love my companion and the Elders in our area.
- General Conference was AMAZING!!! My favorite talk was “Love Your Enemies” by President Dallin H. Oaks. If you didn’t hear it you can listen to it here. I also loved the women’s session of General Conference on Saturday evening.
- This coming Sunday (October 11) at 6:30 our time (11:30 Utah time) we have another “Why I Believe” devotional.
If you haven’t tuned in before, you should. They are so good! Thanks for writing and have a good week!
Weekly Letter #51: October 5th, 2020
4/ 5Oleh -