Wow these last two weeks have been so wild it's been crazy. No rest for the weary right?Here are some of the biggest things that have happened lately:
1) REBECCA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! so uh funny story. I have never been able to attend any of the baptisms of my friends throughout my mission due to transfers. When we scheduled for Rebecca to be baptized, I was so convinced I then would be transferred because that's how my life has worked in the past but...... I stayed! Rebecca is one of the most wonderful people I've ever met and I'm so grateful for her. She was a self-referral who reached out to the missionaries because she was confused about why the church near her house always looked closed. We answered her question and then just kept teaching her and she's been an absolute blessing. We love Rebecca.
2) I was able to meet up with my Aunt Pat and Uncle Alan which was wonderful!! I haven't been able to meet with any of my family yet due to covid or me being moved right before we had a scheduled date, but it was wonderful to see them for a little bit!!
3) I got to see so many people on Saturday for Rebecca's baptism!! I got to meet Sister and President Johnson in the flesh, got to see Sister Minaker, Sister Bullock, a couple friends that I had met in YSA when I would do exchanges eons ago, and so many more. It was wonderful!!!
4) I had my companion cut my hair for the first time my entire mission. I have only cut it myself once (like half an inch because I was terrified) and it had finally gotten too long so Sister Walker cut off a good four inches. Go team!
5) I HIT ONE YEAR!!!!!?????? wow. Folks, I have been on my mission for one whole year. What? I feel like I've only been out for a day, while also being out for 100 years. It’s felt like that my entire mission but it definitely seems like it's speeding up. I'm so grateful for the support and love that I've felt while I've been out and I'm grateful for you all!!
6) Lancaster is kind of back in lockdown again. Not totally, but mostly. Boooooo
I'm going to some fancy show cave today so I might not have time to respond to everyone (again whoops). Know that I love you all though!!
Photographs Below :)
Weekly Letter #50: September 28th, 2020
4/ 5Oleh -